Kaw Valley USD 321 Parents and Guardians:
Kaw Valley families will enroll online for the 2021-2022 school year with the convenience and flexibility of online enrollment. Our system allows parents and guardians to securely update information, fill out paperwork and pay fees. Online enrollment saves families valuable time and saves our district valuable resources. Below you will find information on how you can complete the enrollment process for your student(s). Please enroll no later than August 6, 2021.
New Families: 3-Year Olds:
If you did NOT attend screening in April, please plan to attend. If you attended in April , please refer to the returning families section.
August 3rd, 2021 at RGS from 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (no appt. needed)
August 4th, 2021 at SMGS from 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (no appt. needed)
New Families: 4-Year Old Preschool - 12th Grade:
Please make an appointment to take necessary documentation to your attendance center:
RGS - 785-584-6188
SMGS - 785-437-6159
RJSHS - 785-584-6193
SMJSHS - 785-437-6257
*Be sure you see the following 3 sections: enrollment paperwork, student fees, and bus transportation:
If your student:
A: has already attended 3-year old preschool screening
B: is in 4 year old preschool through 12th grade and attended Kaw Valley Schools last year:
- Go to the following link and login with your credentials: https://kawvalley.powerschool.com/public/home.html
- Each of your students should be listed in the upper left of your screen. Choose one student and then in the left navigation go to Forms.
- The available forms will be listed. You will need to click on the form name to access it, update it and submit it. Please go to each form and submit the necessary information.
- To ensure you are completed, be sure that each form status shows as completed on the main form screen for each student.
*If you forgot your username or password, please use the forgot username or password option on the site. If you do not have login information, please contact your school office.
If your student is in 4 year old preschool through 12th grade and attended Kaw Valley Schools last year:
- Log in using the same credentials you did last year. If you can not remember your login please click the forgot password link and follow the steps
- Once in the system, all of your children should show in the same account. The first page will show any fees outstanding. Next to the balance you can click detail in order to see a breakdown of fees.
*If you do not have an account or are unable to login, please create a helpdesk ticket and someone will assist you: CLICK HERE FOR HELPDESK
Bus Transportation Form
If your student will be riding a bus route, please go below to complete the form.
The district, in accordance with state and federal law and the Kansas state plan, will ensure that homeless children in the school district have access to a free and appropriate public education. Homeless students are individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence, contact local coordinator Sarah Sanders at (785) 584-6731.
McKinney-Vento Homeless Service
- Enrollment advocacy
- School supplies, uniforms, books
- Tutoring and counseling
- Referrals for clothes and food
- Hygiene items
- Housing referrals
- Medical and dental vouchers
- Birth certificate assistance
- Cap and gown fee
Who is eligible for McKinney-Vento services?
A student or family that lives:
- doubled-up with friends or relatives on a temporary basis
- in a park, motel or campground
- in a shelter
- in a vehicle
- on a street
- as a runaway
A McKinney-Vento student has the right to:
- Attend their school of origin (known as the “home school”) or the school for the area where the student currently lives.
- Immediately enroll in school without providing documents, including proof of residency.
They have 30 days to provide the following:
- Birth certificates
- Immunization records
- Physicals (as needed)
- Social Security cards
- Notarized forms
- Free lunch beginning first day
- Transportation to and from school (if applicable)
- Participate in tutoring and other school-related activities
- Referrals for uniforms, medical aid and food assistance
KSDE Fact Sheet
US Department of Education
The McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act
Information for School-Age Youth